The term "Personal Data" refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, birth date, telephone number, e-mail address or mailing address.
This website is continually improved by adding new functionality and features and by improving and adding to existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, data practices will change from time to time. If and when data practices change, such changes will (as soon as practicable) be posted on this website to notify you of the changes. You should check this page frequently.
You will understandably have a concern about privacy. Your privacy is respected and your personal information is treated with the highest standards of safety, security and confidentiality. To better protect your privacy, this notice explains manual and online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used by Wynnstay manually and on this website. If you have questions regarding this Policy, you may direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Data Protection Officer based at Wynnstay, Eagle House, Llansantffraid, Powys, SY22 6AQ
Collection of Personal Data including e-mail addresses
Information is collected about you in an effort to make products and services on this website more efficient and customised to you. You are free to browse this website without revealing any personal information about yourself. However, once you provide your personal information, you are not anonymous.
The information you provide will be collected and stored. You may use this website to register to receive additional information or services. When you register, you will be asked for contact information like your name, postal address, e-mail address and account number.
The information that you provide is sometimes supplemented with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate post codes are received, third party software may be used to fix them.
Use of Personal Data
The purposes for which Personal Data is collected, processed and used include the following:
- To respond to and administer your requests and to fulfil your orders for products and services including processing payment (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- To improve products and services, make your experience more efficient and relevant and provide you with a personalised service, and communicate with you including responding to your queries.
- To administer this website.
- To undertake market research and statistical analysis, analyse and research website visitors' demographics, interests, and pages viewed based on the information provided during ordering, from server log files, or surveys.
- With your consent, to contact you from time to time with information of new products and services or events that may be of interest to you.
- If you are an account holder, assessing financial risks including by carrying out credit reference checks and credit scoring assessments as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- To fulfil our obligations owed to a relevant regulatory body such as taxation authority or revenue service as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests.
Our legitimate interests as referred to above include our legitimate business purposes and commercial interests in operating our business in a customer focused efficient and sustainable manner, in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
We consider it is within our legitimate interests to send you information about our products and services for marketing purposes following our receipt of your explicit consent to contact you about those products and services via such methods as agreed with you our customer.
With consent, we will send you marketing about similar products and services by post, telephone, email, SMS, and through digital channels. Digital channels include social media and similar such digital marketing channels (see Social Media section below).
We may upload and match personal data you provide us with data you provide via social media and similar digital channels. This allows us to improve our knowledge of you and in return serve you with relevant marketing messages.
If you do not wish to receive information and want to be removed from mailing lists in relation to this website, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Anonymous data collected through this website
In addition to the information collected as described above, technology is used to collect anonymous information about the use of this website. These technologies may include though are not limited to, Google Analytics such as ‘Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting’. These and other technologies may be used to track which pages of this website visitors view as well as to collate non-personal demographic information about our visitors. Technology may also be used to determine which web browsers visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables the compilation of statistics about website visitors and their use of this website.
This website contains hyperlinks to other pages on this website. Technology may be used to track how often these links are used and which pages on this website visitors choose to view. Again this technology is not used to identify you personally and it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
Such anonymous data is used to improve the content and functionality of this website and e-mail updates, to better understand clients and markets, and to improve services.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will not be shared, sold or distributed with unrelated third parties, except under these circumstances:
- Personal Data may occasionally be transferred to third parties for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented.
- Personal Data will be transferred to third parties for further processing in order to fulfil orders placed by you via this Web Site and to provide an after sales service.
- Third parties are engaged to perform services or functions in order to manage and improve this website, merchandising, marketing and promotional efforts, communications or other services. Those third parties include authorised contractors, consultants, legal advisors and other companies (collectively, "agents"). They only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and may not share any personal information with others or use it for any other purposes than that which is contractually agreed. Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, that third party is contractually required to take adequate precautions to protect that data and maintain confidentiality. Information about you may also be received from other sources (such as demographic information and purchase history) and it may be added to records about you in order to make marketing efforts more efficient.
- The information in this website's databases may be shared or transferred to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of the databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event.
- Where you have consented, your information may be disclosed to partners or other businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
- During the purchase process, your information may be shared with certain intermediaries (e.g. UPS) strictly to process and ship your order.
Data integrity and security
Personal Data in this website and other Wynnstay databases are maintained to a high standard of reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency and to protect the privacy and security of the databases. Personal Data will be kept only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements. Our existing retention policy is currently under review.
Employees and third parties who have access to Personal Data have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with security protocols and strict standards of confidentiality. Any loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, and such unfortunate occurrences are prevented as far as reasonably possible by reasonable and proportionate safeguards in order to protect your data.
Third party sites
Compliance with Data Protection Laws. With regard to any personal data processed by PayPal and the merchant in connection with this Agreement, PayPal and the merchant will respectively each be a controller in respect of such processing. PayPal and the merchant agree to comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Laws applicable to controllers in respect of the provision of their respective services and otherwise in connection with this Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, PayPal and the merchant each have their own, independently determined privacy policies, notices and procedures for the personal data they hold and are each a data controller (and not joint data controllers). In complying with the Data Protection Laws, PayPal and the merchant shall, without limitation:
- implement and maintain at all times all appropriate security measures in relation to the processing of personal data;
- maintain a record of all processing activities carried out under this Agreement; and
- not knowingly do anything or permit anything to be done which might lead to a breach by the other party of the Data Protection Laws.
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit identification of your Personal Data, such Personal Data held about you will be disclosed to you. Corrections, amendments or deletions to Personal Data that is inaccurate can be made and will be notified to any third party recipients.
If you wish to access or correct your Personal Data, please write to us at Marketing Manager, Wynnstay Group Plc, Eagle House, Llansantffraid, Powys, SY22 6AQ or via firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not be charged for a correction request, however, for all other requests, you may be charged a fee. Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations. However, all requests will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR when in force.
Transfer of Personal Data abroad
Personal data which you submit to this website may be processed in a country other than England but steps are taken to ensure that your Personal Data is kept secure by contractual and technical means.
Of course the Internet is made up of a large number of international connections. If you are visiting this website from a country other than the country in which its server is located (currently UK), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By visiting this website and communicating electronically, you consent to these transfers.
Cookies and IP address
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, in the future temporary "cookies" that collect the first level domain name of the user (for example, if your e-mail address is "email@example.com," the cookie collects the "bigmail.com" portion of your e-mail address) and the date and time you accessed this website may be used. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive. An example of a Cookie that we use is the ‘Google Analytics’ cookie which aids our internal reporting. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
IP address may also be used to help diagnose problems with this website's server and to administer this website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information, such as determining how many visitors are from outside of the UK.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE NAME||COOKIE DESCRIPTION|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|